Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Chelsea: A Retrospective

Tomorrow is my big sister's birthday. She'll be 31 for those keeping track. If she told you different she's lying!

Here are a few things I remember about my sister in (roughly) chronological order.

1. She was born the same year Elvis died . . . some still blame her for his death.

2. When I was born 3 years later Chelsea was not happy and tried to convince our grandparents that I would be ok alone in the house while they left to go to a park.

3. We used to make play dough balls and dry them in the sun in a vain attempt to make our own bouncy balls. The results were less than desirable.

4. She had (has?) a collection of little bears: diminutive teddy bears. She kept them in a clear plastic comforter bag.

5. She used to paint my finger nails with sparkly blue polish...I then became Claw.

6. We had sock wars.

7. One word: Goozy. If you don't know, ask her about it.

8. We used to have twin mini bikes but Chelsea never took hers out of first gear.

9. Chelsea once wrote a nasty letter to a neighbor girl she didn't like. Parents got involved. There was some unpleasantness.

10. Once, when picking up or dropping off Chelsea for a date, I had to witness the good night kiss. Here's how it went down. They stood right in front of the garage of the boy's house. Mom and I waited in the car. They didn't even try to escape the headlights. Mom said, "Now we get to see Chelsea play tonsil hockey." They did. I haven't been right ever since.

11. Chelsea's first car was a Firenza...not the newer kind. The previous owners named it Fire.
The head eventually cracked and it had to go.

12. Chelsea's second car was a four cylinder mustang with a noisy fuel pump. She rolled it on 55 one winter.

13. Once Chelsea convinced me to put on one of her old one-piece bathing suits. I did. Hilarity ensued.

14. In a sibling fight one afternoon, Chelsea kicked me in the Jimmy.

15. Chelsea got married, squeezed out a puppy, and moved to the burbs.

16. Chelsea told me not to write about her in my blog.

There is probably a lot more but I can't remember everything. Certainly there is much more embarrassing stuff. If I remember anything juicy I'll be sure to add it!

Happy Birthday, Sis.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, it all makes sense now.